It’s November!!! So many fun things this month: my birthday, more autumn, my birthday, thanksgiving, my birthday…😎. Having said that, I swear I’m actually attempting to focus on our Thanksgiving menu. Starting by filling out our side dishes, we’re moving from on from roasted carrots to roasted sweet potato salad!
So roasting. Can you tell it’s a theme in my cooking? Lemme explain…it’s easy and oh so flavorful. When I’m making side dishes I tend to stick to more simple options as the mains and desserts can get a little more complicated and time consuming. However, we can’t just have a table full of roasted veggies right? (Or can we…?). Ergo, roasted sweet potato salad.
Recently my friend made the most delicious sweet potato salad, mixing savory and sweet with absolutely no marshmallows to be seen (thanks Hannah!!). Immediately asked her for the recipe because obviously.
As I’m wont to do, I switched a few things around but kept the same sweet and savory flavors. Ready for it? Scroll down for the roasted sweet potato salad recipe!Print
Easy, quick, sweet and savory salad with a tangy orange balsamic vinaigrette. Great as a Thanksgiving side dish!
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease or prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted sweet potatoes with half of the dressing and all ingredients for the salad. Drizzle with remaining salad dressing as desired. Serve warm or chilled.