Easy, quick, sweet and savory salad with a tangy orange balsamic vinaigrette. Great as a Thanksgiving side dish!
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease or prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted sweet potatoes with half of the dressing and all ingredients for the salad. Drizzle with remaining salad dressing as desired. Serve warm or chilled.