Ever at a loss for what to serve with that fantastic roasted chicken you just made? Or a perfectly grilled steak? What about a salmon filet? Well my friends, Balsamic Honey Glazed Rainbow Carrots to the rescue! (And rainbow carrots at that).
This is one of my favorite ways to dress up some plain old carrots. After the beef stew I made over the weekend, I still had quite a few of them left hanging about in the refrigerator. Prep takes less than 10 minutes, then leave them in the oven till the timer goes off and presto! Sweet and slightly tangy, these carrots are even more delicious than they are easy to make. Doesn’t get much simpler than this!Print
- 1 lb rainbow carrots, cut in half and sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Parsley, diced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl until fully combined.
- Toss the carrots and the honey mixture together in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- Place coated carrots in to the prepared baking dish.
- Roast for about 30-35 minutes until carrots are tender (but not mushy!)
- Cool for 5 minutes. Top with a sprinkling of coarse salt and parsley to serve.