Effective as of April 10th, 2023
- Effective as of April 10th, 2023
- INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- E-Mail Address
- Log Files
- Device Specific Data
- Registration or Account Data
- WHAT RIGHTS WE HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
- Where We Send Your Information
- How Long We Retain Your Information
- Controlling Your Personal Information
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER SITES
- ANONYMOUS DATA
- PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
- SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF EEA (EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA) RESIDENTS
- ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- NEVADA PRIVACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE INTERNET FROM CONSUMERS ACT
- SALE OF BUSINESS OR ASSETS
- NO AI
- CONTACTING US
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Raptive will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Raptive’s data usage, click here: https://raptive.com/creator-advertising-privacy-statement.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Aberdeen's Kitchen, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, the Site earns from qualifying purchases. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Site will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Site: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Different ways we collect information are detailed below. We reserve the right to change this list in our sole discretion.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookie with a randomly generated Client ID on your browser. Google does use your personal information such as your IP address in order to capture the reporting for the Website regarding the usage. You may opt out of Google Analytics with a browser add-on, which is available here.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We us WPForms to create a contact form. However, we use the "lite" version in which no user cookies are stored as the "lite" version does not store form entires. We will keep your contact form submissions for a certain period for the customer service purpose answering your inquiry, but we do not use your information submitted through these forms for any other purposes.
On the Site, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or enter a promotion. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email.
Your email address may also be shared with the technology provider we use in connection with the purposes for which you provided it, and that technology provider may also contact you from time to time.
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”
Like many other Web sites, www.aberdeenskitchen.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Device Specific Data
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format)
- device screen size
- device type (unique device identifiers) and bowser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display the webpage
Registration or Account Data
We may collect other information from you when you register with our Site in order to use various features. Such information could include your name, birthday, postal code, screen name, and password (if applicable). As you use the Site, we could collect other data that you provide voluntarily (such as comments that you post).
We may use third parties to provide the functionality to allow you to register for the Site, in which case the third party will also have access to your information. Otherwise, we will not provide any personally-identifying information about you to third parties, except if required by law.
We may use your personally-identifying information for a variety of our internal business purposes, such as creating a better user experience for the Site, diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions on the Site, better understanding how the Site is used, and making personalized recommendations to you.
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”
WHAT RIGHTS WE HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Information
How Long We Retain Your Information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you consent to having this website store your submitted information
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER SITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This site is a secure website with an SSL certificate. This ensures secure connections between the web server and browser and encrypts any data that is transmitted. We also use the security plugins Wordfence and Akismet to provide protection against malicious attacks, spam, and enable firewalls.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF EEA (EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA) RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
EU Privacy Complaints
3715 196th St Sw Ste 101
Lynnwood, WA 98036
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect, how it is used, and the types of third parties that may receive your information. Under CCPA, you also have the following rights:
Right to Access – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal information we collect and how it has been used over the past 12 months. After we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following:
- The categories of your personal information we collected;
- The categories of your personal information we sold;
- The categories of any third parties to whom we have sold your personal information;
- A list of which categories of your personal information we sold to each party; and,
- The categories of your personal information we disclose for business purposes.
Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
Please note that this right does not apply when we need to retain your personal information in order to do the following:
- Provide goods or services to you;
- Detect or resolve security or functionality-related issues;
- Comply with the law;
- Conduct research in the public interest;
- Safeguard the right to free speech; or,
- Carry out any actions for internal purposes that you might reasonably expect.
Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under CCPA. In particular, we may not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or,
- Threaten you with any of the above.
How to submit a verifiable consumer request
To exercise these rights, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Contacting us at [email protected]
Please note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of a minor child.
You may only make a request under these rights twice in a twelve-month period. Your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or that it is an authorized representative acting on your behalf);
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand and respond to it.
NEVADA PRIVACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE INTERNET FROM CONSUMERS ACT
Pursuant to the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICICA”), Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of any personal information. As described above, your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers/operators in order to fulfill purchased products or to communicate with you. We do not sell (which is defined in the NPICICA as “the exchange of covered information for monetary consideration by the operator to a person for the person to license or sell the covered information to additional persons”) your covered information, which includes:
- Your first and last name;
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number;
- Your social security number;
- Any identifier that would allow you to be contacted either physically or online; or,
- Any other information concerning you, collected from you by the Website and maintained by us, in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
If you have any questions regarding our usage of your personal information, please email [email protected].
SALE OF BUSINESS OR ASSETS
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
Or write to us at:
Aberdeen's Kitchen, LLC
3715 196th St Sw Ste 101
Lynnwood, WA 98036