This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Did anyone else see how early Thanksgiving is this year??
Instead of being at the end of a November it’s smack in the middle! Time to get going on some of those autumn feast recipes. First off, let’s start with cocktails. Introducing the cranberry mule holiday cocktail!
So traditionally, every Thanksgiving we whip up a bunch of cranberry daiquiris. This year, I thought I’d give something new a try!
First off, my go to spirit of choice is whiskey, specifically bourbon. Then I like to mix it with ginger beer (dark and stormy with whiskey anyone?). It turns out, that’s basically a Kentucky mule. Aka a Moscow mule but instead of vodka you use your fave whiskey.
Two guesses where this is going...the cranberry mule! Unsurprisingly, I used bourbon in my batch. However, you can honestly use whatever mule base suits your fancy. They’re also great with vodka or rum!
My favorite thing about this cranberry mule is the cranberry sauce. It’s no secret that I absolutely looooove cranberry sauce. So it was a no-brainer that actual, fresh cranberry sauce would be a main ingredient in this refreshing autumn cocktail.
Another awesome thing? It’s great for Christmas time too! The cranberry mule, my new holiday cocktail go to. Check out the recipe below and enjoy 🥂!Print
Cranberry Mule Holiday Cocktail
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
The perfect cocktail recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas, you name it! Complete with fresh made cranberry sauce.
- 2 ounces bourbon (you can also use your favorite vodka or rum)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
- ¼ cup homemade cranberry sauce, chilled
- Ginger beer (I used about 4 ounces but you can use as much as you want!)
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- Orange slices, lime slices, fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Add 2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, mint leaves, orange juice, lime juice, and whiskey to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mixture together before shaking (I smooshed mine up with a bar spoon).
- Shake mixture in the cocktail shaker and pour into 2-3 glasses over ice. Top with as much ginger beer as desired and remaining cranberry sauce. Garnish glasses with lime and orange slices, cranberries, and fresh mint. Serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Oooooh, this is just beautiful! I'm gonna keep this one on hand for Thanksgiving festivities. Thanks!
Thank you 😁!
Aunt Judy Lou
Abby, Can this be turned into a punch? What would I have to do to serve 6
Sure! Multiply the ingredients by 3 and don't add the ginger beer until ready to serve. Personally I would add everything in the pitcher except for the ginger beer and let guests top off their glasses with it as desired.
When you say cranberry juice do you mean cranberry cocktail or 100% cranberry juice?
100% unsweetened cranberry juice 👍.