We’re still a week away from Thanksgiving and I’m already prepping for the leftovers 🤣. Check out these 10 minute sheet pan turkey melts!
So I’ve been crazy lacking in thanksgiving recipes this year. Unfortunately, I caught a nasty bug that turned into a sinus infection and required antibiotics. Then I got a plane and caught ALL the things with my sad and depressed immune system not doing it’s job. THEN! My body in general doesn’t do well with meds, so I got some truly awful antibiotic side effects and had to stop taking them (doctors orders I promise) sooooo the infection started to come back.
Seriously. I’ve been sick since before Halloween. HALLOWEEN! So hopefully you’ll understand my utter lack of new and exciting Thanksgiving recipes for you this year 😣.
Basically, we’re skipping the main dish and going straight to the leftovers so thank you for bearing with me!!!
Now about these 10 minute sheet pan turkey melts. The title says it all! 5 minute prep, 4 minute broil, 1 minute addition of lettuce and all done on a sheet pan for quick and easy clean up. Win win!
A little addition of mustard and herbed cream cheese rounds out the flavor plus some crisp, fresh lettuce for texture.
If you have any leftover turkey slices this year, try them out in this 10 minute sheet pan turkey melts recipe!
PS. Turkey melts not your thing? Not to worry! Head on over to my leftover turkey cranberry salad sandwiches for another option 👍🏻.Print
Quick and easy broiled turkey melts all done on a sheet pan in just 10 minutes. Perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers too!
- Hearty, artisan bread like sourdough or piccolo como sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Turkey breast, thinly sliced (about 3 slices per sandwich)
- Swiss cheese, thinly sliced (1 square slice per sandwich)
- White cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (I used Tillamook, 1 square slice per sandwich)
- Dijon Mustard
- Chive and Onion cream cheese spread (I used Philadelphia)*
- Butter lettuce, roughly chopped
- Turn on oven broiler and either grease a baking sheet or prepare it with parchment paper.
- Spread a dollop of dijon mustard and cream cheese on sandwich slices.
- Top one side with cheeses and the other side with turkey slices.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes, until bread starts to turn golden and cheeses are bubbling.
- Remove from heat and top cheese side with desired amount of lettuce. Combine the sides together to make a sandwich, slice in half, and serve immediately.
You can also substitute the chive and onion cream cheese for any of your favorite versions, or even a spreadable herbed goat cheese!