It’s November!! The best month of the year because guess why? It’s my BIRTHDAY month! Yup, a whole month. Deal with it.
Real quick before we jump into the awesomeness of November, say hey to my new side dish, honey garlic roasted carrots!
Now I’m not sure if you noticed but this post is behind the times. It was supposed to come last week but I got a little behind due to Halloween prep and then I got knocked out by a gnarly sinus infection. Antibiotics and everything! It’s been over a week now and I’m juuuuust vaguely starting to feel better.
Hopefully I’ll be 100% soon because I have a flight to catch! I’m headed to Georgia to visit my sister literally ON my birthday and I’m so excited I can’t wait.
Seriously though, it’s a struggle to even write right now. Trying to come up with interesting things to say about honey garlic roasted carrots is beyond difficult so I’m going to keep this short and sweet. Please bear with me!
I havn’t shared a carrot recipe in years, which is just ridiculous. Thanksgiving is coming up shortly and side dishes are always the hardest part to figure out. Everyone has their version of the perfect Turkey for their centerpiece, but what else do we serve with it? Obviously we have our faves but we do need some straight up veggies to help balance out the candied yams/sweet potatoes and creamy mashed potatoes amiright ?
But WHO says those veggies can’t be flavorful and delicious too?? Enter honey garlic roasted carrots.
These are honestly the easiest slash most delicious carrots ever. Tons of flavor and super simple to make. Whisk together the all the ingredients except the carrots in a small bowl. Toss the carrots with the mixture and then bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
DONE. Oh and the secret ingredient?…Vanilla extract. Trust me.
Phew! That’t about all I’ve got in me today friends. Try some honey garlic roasted carrots at your Thanksgiving dinner this year! Now excuse me while I go take a nap 😴.Print
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted buttter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except carrots until completely combined.
- Toss carrots and sauce mixture together on the prepared baking sheet until coated.
- Bake carrots for 30 minutes, until browned and tender, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.