Easy kale basil pesto. This sauce is an ingredient in so many of my shared recipes I finally decided to give it it's own moment in the sun. A whole post to itself! And honestly, what's not to love? It only takes 5 minutes to make, it's super fresh, ridiculously easy to make, and unlike store bought pesto, it's gloriously green.
What You'll Need to Make Kale Basil Pesto
Literally just a food processor or a blender. Throw all your ingredients into it and pulse till it's completely combined. That's it! Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
What to Use With Kale Basil Pesto
Aalmost anything! Pasta, pizza, a spread on sandwiches, toast, salad...SO many options. I always have a container in the fridge just in case dinner is a struggle. You can always boil a pot of pasta and toss it in this delectable sauce!
Still not sure? Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Five Cheese Garlic Chicken and Pesto Pizza
- Kale Pesto Artichoke Caprese Sandwich
- Mediterranean Prosciutto Burrata Flat Bread
- Kale Basil Pesto Breakfast Toast
Recipe below 💚.Print
Better than store-bought, vibrant green pesto done in just 5 minutes. A quick, delicious way to use leftover kale! Gluten free.
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale, stems removed
- ½ cup roughly chopped basil, stems removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until completely combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.