Five Cheese Garlic Chicken and Pesto PIZZA! This is without a doubt, one of the absolute favorite things I serve up at work. I've described my affinity with cheese yes? Well, this dish has it. All. The. Cheese. AKA my heaven in a slice: Mozzarella, Cheddar, Feta, Parmesan and even some Asiago. To all goat cheese haters: A coworker who HATES feta loves this pizza. Didn't even notice it....soooo....BOOM! You're going to love it too.
There are some other ingredients worth mentioning (who needs more after all that cheese??). Fresh, homemade pesto? Check. Uber amounts of garlic? Check. Protein in the form of chicken? Check. It's just SO GOOD! I can't express this enough.
Best of all? SO MANY WAYS TO CHEAT! This Five Cheese Garlic Chicken and Pesto Pizza is still amazing with a store bought pesto and shredded chicken left overs from the roast last night. It's also a great way to use up leftover nubs of cheese. I even used a store made pizza dough. *Collective gasp* Calm down calm down; it was from Trader Joes and I still had to roll it out (which was wonderfully tasty by the by). BUT! You can easily buy one park-baked, frozen, what have you and this pizza will still be absolutely delicious.
In short, you can go by the recipe down below or take as many short cuts as you want. Either way, this pizza is simple to make, quick to bake, and wonderful to eat. Cheese lovers, head on over this way!!!
- 1 pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 2 ½ cups packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup raw pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup +2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 2-3 tablespoons minced garlic,
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Roll pizza dough into a 12" circle. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Make chicken: Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat until the inside is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 20-30 seconds until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, make pesto sauce: Using a food processor, pulse pine nuts and basil leaves together several times. While processor is on, slowly pour in olive oil until fully combined. Add parmesan and garlic and pulse until completely mixed.
- Spread pesto on chilled pizza dough. Top with mozzarella, cheddar, feta, parmesan and asiago cheeses and then with the cooked garlic chicken.
- Place the pizza on a round pizza pan, or baking sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Serve immediately.