We've been doing a lot of pizza lately. Since the weather is heading back up into the 80's next week, it'll once again be too hot to cook for any more than 15 minutes in the kitchen, especially with an oven on...so pizza it is! But why not switch it up? Mediterranean prosciutto burrata flat bread coming right you.
Basically, this flat bread is a dressed up olive oil brushed, white cheese pizza, and TBH I don't why we haven't just been eating this instead. It takes 30 minutes start to finish and it's SO. GOOD!
First off, we've got ALL the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Then layer with some heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and castelvetrano olives. Throw it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
That's it! Just 15 minutes of baking time. Top that crispy, cheesy deliciousness with creamy burrata cheese, prosciutto slices, and baby arugula. Then for the finishing touch, drizzle with some basil pesto. OR get swanky and top it with my favorite kale basil pesto (anyone else have a kale patch in their quarantine garden running rampant?).
Voila! Mediterranean prosciutto burrata flat bread ready to be sliced, recipe below.
Cheesy, easy Greek and Italian inspired flat bread with creamy burrata and prosciutto slices in just 30 minutes!
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup quartered artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup castelvestrano olives, pitted and halved
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, torn into chunks
- 4 ounces prosciutto, torn into strips
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Roll pizza dough into a 12" by 15" -ish rectangle. Brush with olive oil and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Top with tomato slices in an even layer. Place cherry tomatoes, olives, and artichoke hearts on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Remove to a wire rack and let cool 2-3 minutes, until just cool enough to handle.
- Top with burrata chunks, prosciutto strips, and arugula. Drizzle with pesto and garnish with fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.