It's officially Autumn!!! Before I spam you with all the Fall flavored recipes, I think you should be proud of me. Instead of starting to send you all the pumpkin recipes, I legit waited till the actual day the season began. And it's not even pumpkin. Just sayin, look at me go 😎. Introducing crispy, healthier, baked sheet pan sweet potato fries!
They are ridiculously easy, super delicious, and also (vaguely) nutritious. I mean, they're still fries tossed in olive oil with salt and other fabulous spices but they're baked AND sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins.
Note: I would be more specific about which kinds of vitamins but honestly there were a lot 🤷🏼♀️.
Also let's talk about just how easy these are to make! Slice 'em up thin, toss on a sheet pan with olive oil with salt, pepper, and a few spices for extra yums.
Then bake till crispy. That's all there is to it!
Get this delectable sheet pan sweet potato fries recipe below 👍🏻.Print
Step up your French fry game with this autumn, healthier sweet potato version baked to crispy perfection.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes sliced into ¼-inch thick sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ chili powder
- ½ garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped to garnish
- Ketchup, to serve
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder until mixed.
- Place sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with spice mix. Toss to coat. Smooth potatoes into a single layer.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, flip fries, and cook another 20 minutes.
- Optional: Turn the oven onto broil and cook 1-3 minutes, for extra crispiness. Sprinkle with more salt as desired and serve immediately.