Hey hi so I'm just over here dreaming of spring. It's gotten to that point in winter where I'm extremely over it. The holidays are over, the snow is all gone, it's still cold and it just rains and rains and rains...No sun ever. I've been sitting in front of my Vitamin D lamp to make sure I get enough 🌞 (doctor's orders I'm not even joking).
While I wait for warmer weather, I just pretend it's already here with springtime flavors. Sometimes it works 🤣. Current fave? Some quick and easy raspberry poppy seed muffins!
Fast, simple, flavorful, and full of color. Perfect for these dreary, cold winter days!
I have just one piece of advice with this recipe. Gently, gently, gently fold in the raspberries. Otherwise they get all smooshed and you wind up with pink muffins of a slightly different texture (too much liquid).
Otherwise, simple as can be! Scroll down for the raspberry poppy seed muffins recipe.Print
Quick and easy, spring inspired fresh raspberry muffins recipe with poppy seeds and a hint of lemon zest.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease or line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppyseeds until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, yogurt, buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup (about 2-3 heaping large spoonfuls). You may have some leftover or you can add the extra batter to the cups for jumbo muffins.
- Bake on a center rack for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden and bounce back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack.