Quick and easy, spring inspired fresh raspberry muffins recipe with poppy seeds and a hint of lemon zest.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease or line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppyseeds until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, yogurt, buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup (about 2-3 heaping large spoonfuls). You may have some leftover or you can add the extra batter to the cups for jumbo muffins.
- Bake on a center rack for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden and bounce back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack.