Have you noticed there’s been a lot of orange on the blog lately? Possibly a little bit of overkill on the orange…solution: refreshingly green roasted panko asparagus and mushrooms!
First of all, thank you to everyone who sent me such kind words during my birthday break time mini vacay. My back seems to be somewhat on the mend (fingers crossed!) and I did some serious relaxing. A lot of Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening was played 😊. In conclusion, ready to get back to it!
Ok now secondly, let’s talk about this roasted panko asparagus and mushrooms recipe.
TBH this dish was actually inspired by Thanksgiving’s go to green bean casserole. Well, that and the insane amount of orange recipes I’ve been sharing 🤣.
Instead of green beans I opted for asparagus this year and swapped heavy cream of mushroom out for fresh creminis. However, you’ve gotta have that bit of crunch that you get from the breaded, fried onions on top of the casserole…panko, shallots, and a little olive oil to the rescue!
If you’re looking to switch it up this Thanksgiving, try something a little healthier, and spend less time in the kitchen, this roasted panko asparagus and mushrooms side dish is the answer. Oh and did I mention it’s vegan?? Recipe below!Print
Quick, and easy asparagus and mushrooms sheet pan side dish roasted to crispy perfection. A healthy, vegan option!
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup panko
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Turn oven to a high broil. Broil 1-2 minutes until panko is golden as desired. Remove heat and serve immediately.