Okay okay. A quick breather from the autumn recipes: lighten up dinner time with a little garlic butter shrimp scampi!
Even I can't handle the pumpkin, apple, cranberry extravaganza all day every day. Time to switch it up!
This shrimp scampi is one of my fave light, quick dinners. And before you say anything, yes I do have a shrimp scampi linguini recipe but I'm trying for a little less here. I've been eating pasta, breads, muffins, all the carbs. The holidays are already starting amiright?
SO! A quick gluten free, keto friendly recipe for you before we hop back on that bandwagon 😁.
What makes this garlic butter shrimp scampi so fabulous?
Well apart from the title itself (garlic...butter...do I need to say more?) this dish takes just 10 minutes to make! Plus, it's all in one skillet. LOVE that!
Also, that sauce though. Butter, lemon juice, olive oil, herbs...heaven 😍.
Scroll down for the garlic butter shrimp scampi recipe!Print
10 minute classic Italian skillet shrimp dish in a buttery lemon, white wine and garlic sauce. Gluten free, keto friendly!
- 1 lb medium fresh or frozen raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed if using frozen)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and all of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When the butter stops bubbling, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Flip shrimp, add garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add white wine and the remaining butter. Scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.