Shrimp Scampi Linguini! Butter! Wine! Pasta! Shrimp! Need I say more? Probably not, but I will ????. There’s just no way to pass through the summer season without this simple yet ridiculously delicious dish. Did you know there’s not even cream in it?? Just lemon, butter and wine….????????
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguini to al dente according to box instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When the butter stops bubbling, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Flip shrimp, add garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add white wine and the remaining two tablespoons butter. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 more minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add linguini and stir to combine. Serve immediately.