Happy Friday!!! Anyone down for happy hour and a fresh watermelon mojito?? Yes no maybe so? Well I vote yes so this is happening.
K so real quick, the secret to this mojito is VERY similar to the secret of the mango mojito. In fact, its the same...Don’t strain it! Yup, pour it all right in the glass, watermelon, mint, and all. Since there is no straining, it might be worth noting for this particular beverage that a seedless watermelon is strongly recommended.
However, if you like to have things just so (aka my life) you can remove the muddled mint and add fresh leaves for a slightly more aesthetically pleasing look (I totes do this so no judgement here). Remember to top off your fresh watermelon mojito with a little club soda and a lime wedge garnish!Print
The ultimate taste of summer in a cocktail glass with white rum, limes, mint, and deliciously sweet watermelon.
- 3 ounces light rum
- 6-8 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ or 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (more or less as desired)
- 1 cup fresh seedless watermelon, diced
- Crushed ice
- Club soda
- Muddle together sugar, mint, lime juice, and watermelon in a cocktail shaker. Pour in rum and muddle to combine.
- Pour watermelon rum mixture into glasses over crushed ice (you can remove the mint leaves and add new, fresh ones to garnish as desired).
- Top with a splash of club soda and extra mint leaves. Enjoy!