Continuing with the “5 minute summer recipes” idea, what could be more refreshing than a fresh mint mango mojito this season??
I haven’t made a mojito in forever so it’s about time. I’ve previously shared a classic mint mojito, which also meant it was time to switch it up. Mango mojito here we come!
You guys. I can’t believe this drink has honestly not been on my happy hour list. It’s SO good! Mango also just so happens to be my favorite fruit so this was a no brainer.
My secret to making the ultimate mango mojito? Don’t strain it! After muddling the fresh mango and mint together with rum, pour it all right in the glass, mango chunks and all! (You can remove the muddled mint and add fresh leaves for aesthetic reasons if you prefer 👍🏻). Then top it off with a little club soda and you’re good to go.
Seriously, you have to make this. It’s been a while since I’ve had a fave rum beverage and these mango mojitos are the PERFECT summer treat!Print
A refreshing tropical twist on the classic rum mojito cocktail, with real mango and mint leaves. No straining needed!
- 3 ounces light rum
- 6-8 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced (thawed, previously frozen mango chunks will also work)
- Crushed ice
- Club soda
- Muddle together sugar, mint, lime juice, and mango in a cocktail shaker. Pour in rum and muddle to combine.
- Pour rum mixture, including mango chunks, into glasses over crushed ice (you can remove the mint leaves and add new, fresh ones to garnish as desired).
- Top with a splash of club soda and extra mint leaves. Enjoy!