If you're planning on serving up some corned beef and cabbage this weekend for your St. Patrick's Day celebration, best not forget the potatoes right?? Try snazzing up those spuds with this herbed garlic parmesan smashed potatoes recipe!
Let's talk simple:
- Boil potatoes.
- Smash potatoes.
- Drizzle and sprinkle potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Bake potatoes.
- ...Devour potatoes.
Hands down favorite thing about this recipe? How deliciously crispy the potato skins get and how cheesy the fluffy interiors become!
Dan made the mistake of sneaking a bite of the just boiled, not flavored, not smashed yet, potatoes 🤣. He was SO confused, it was hilarious. When he did manage to taste the actual, final herbed garlic parmesan smashed potatoes, he was much more enthused: "OOOH I get it. WAY better. Mmhm *nods*. Yup *eats another one*. Is this dinner? Cuz I'm down if it is." 😎.
These herbed garlic parmesan smashed potatoes are a great side dish addition to any dinner, especially for St. Patrick's day this weekend ! Recipe coming right up 👍🏻.Print
Snazz up those regular roasted or boiled potatoes with this delicious, flavorful smashed potato recipe! Topped with plenty of fresh herbs, parmesan and garlic for extra flavor.
- 1 ½ lbs medium red potatoes (10-12)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Add potatoes to a large pot. Fill with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Stir in a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork. Strain and set aside.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the center of each potato with a masher, fork, or the greased bottom of a glass until it splits open. Drizzle each potato with the olive oil. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with herbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until tops turn golden brown and the skins are slightly crispy. Remove from heat and serve warm.