Snazz up those regular roasted or boiled potatoes with this delicious, flavorful smashed potato recipe! Topped with plenty of fresh herbs, parmesan and garlic for extra flavor.
- 1 1/2 lbs medium red potatoes (10-12)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Add potatoes to a large pot. Fill with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Stir in a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork. Strain and set aside.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the center of each potato with a masher, fork, or the greased bottom of a glass until it splits open. Drizzle each potato with the olive oil. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with herbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until tops turn golden brown and the skins are slightly crispy. Remove from heat and serve warm.