November!!! Thanksgiving!!! The month of pumpkins, cranberries and turkey. The true month of autumn. November is pretty much my favorite month of the year. Why you ask?
Who doesn't love an excuse to bust out your non-yoga yoga pants and consume massive amounts of delicious food? Mashed potatoes! Biscuits! Gravy! Turkey! Green bean casserole! Sweet Potatoes! And of course...cranberries! I adore cranberries. Tart and sweet at the same time. Which brings us to this Easy Cranberry Daiquiris recipe.
A few years back, along with the traditional sauce, my dad started making Cranberry Daiquiris every Thanksgiving and oh man. I look forward to these little cocktails all year long. Rum infused cranberries sauce? Yes please.
Best part? This drink is SO EASY TO MAKE!!! Dump some cranberries, sugar, water, and a cinnamon stick in a pot, plus orange zest if you so desire. Boil. Simmer. Cool in the fridge. Add rum and a smidge of lemon. Let marinate. Basically, the cranberries do all the work, you just have to stir occasionally while they boil, and then leave them alone to chill in the fridge. That is, until you pour them in a sparkly glass and enjoy. These Easy Cranberry Daiquiris are SO quick and SO delicious, I can't even tell you. You'll just have to try these out for yourself!Print
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup 100% pure cranberry juice (use cranberry cocktail for a sweeter version)
- Orange slices for garnish, crushed ice for serving
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, cinnamon stick and orange zest and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until cranberries are popping, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Pour light rum, dark, rum, cranberry juice, and lemon juice into the cranberry mixture. Chill in the fridge until completely cooled, about 30-40 minutes.
- Strain the liquid from the mixture into a pourable container, saving the cranberries. Add crushed ice to glasses and pour juice over the top. Add a spoonful of saved cranberries to the glass. Garnish with a thin orange slice and serve.