Errrrgh Monday. This time of year is always so dark and cold and I just want stay in bed all day where its warm and cozy. After that maybe move to the couch where I can nerd out and play some Skyrim while Calypso the mini panther takes a snooze. But…life calls! Before I know it, I’m headed home from work, tired from the day and then just staring at my open refrigerator like whaaaaaat? How is there nothing to eat in here??
You all know the feeling. My saving grace on a weeknight? Any recipe done one pot style. But how about we switch up that pot for a pan? Let’s spice up Monday night with some Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas!
I absolutely love one pan meals. Mix everything up, spread it out in an even layer, and bake = yesss please.
Quick to make, easy to clean up, and delicious to eat. And this recipe in particular is actually pretty healthy! Maybe nix the sour cream as a topping though if you’re really looking to “eat clean” ????.
A flavorful blend of Mexican spices and a splash of lime juice are where it’s at with this dish. Quick note, I like to save the lime juice for the very end! When the fajita mixings come out of the oven, drain any excess liquid and squeeze fresh lime juice over the pan. SO good!
Also, I do list ancho chili powder in the recipe, but in case you don’t have it regular chili powder will substitute just fine.
All right guys. It’s a winter Monday and tonight you know where I’ll be! Diving head first into my couch with a plate of sheet pan chicken fajitas sizzling in front of me ????. Get some!!!Print
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- Tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, and avocado for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix all spices, including salt, in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken, veggies, oil, and spices together on a sheet pan. Spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until veggies are soft and chicken is cooked through and reaches 165°F when temped. Drain any excess liquid.
- Drizzle lime juice over chicken and veggies. Serve in warm tortillas with fresh cilantro, avocado, and sour cream.