Woohoo! It's Wednesday and Turkey Cranberry Brie Panini is here to get you through the rest of the week!
I do love a good panini. They're so easy! I like to throw one in here and there to mix it up with my go to Best Ever Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
This might also sound weird, but I like the "compactness" of a panini. Is that a thing? Well if not I'm making it a thing from here on out. A more correct way of saying it might be that I like how "dense" a panini is but compactness is so much more fun. Since it gets smooshed into a sandwich maybe an inch thick, you get all the flavors of this Turkey Cranberry Brie Panini in every bite! Also, the crispy apples compliment the juicy cranberry sauce and melted brie perfectly. You have to have a little crunch in the midst of such ooey gooey cheesy goodness!
PS. Did I mention Turkey Cranberry Brie Panini is an excellent option for Thanksgiving leftovers this year? A few slices of that perfectly roasted turkey, and a couple spoonfuls of homemade cranberry sauce and we're in business!
Speaking of which, I'm incredibly excited for Thanksgiving this year because we're headed up the Washington coast to Fidalgo island to visit my parents and celebrate our first holiday in their new house!!! It's absolutely picturesque, right near the water where you can watch the ferry sail out to the San Juan Islands and see Orcas ????⛴????????! So far I've only seen seals and dolphins but I know they're up there somewhere. Anyhoo, my parents just moved in last spring and each time I went up there, my mom and I would sit on the porch and dream about what it would be like there in Autumn and Winter (my family shares my affinity for cold weather seasons ???? ). Now it's FINALLY here! Four days off work, spent with family and friends in front of the fire place, eating delicious food and watching the ferry go by...yes please ????!
Alright guys, make sure to keep this Turkey Cranberry Brie Panini in mind for your Thanksgiving leftovers, or just as an awesome lunch slash dinner choice this week!Print
For the Panini
- 8 slices ciabatta, sliced ½ inch thick
- 8 ounces brie, thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared cranberry sauce*
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices turkey
For the Cranberry Sauce*
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 orange
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top 4 slices of bread with 2 slices of turkey, 2 ounces of brie, 4-5 slices of apples and several spoonfuls of cranberry sauce.
- Top with the other 4 slices of bread.
- Prepare a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add sandwiches to the pan and top with a heavy skillet. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Alternatively, if using a panini maker, preheat the panini maker. Place sandwiches in maker, and press down, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
*To make cranberry sauce: In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Add cranberries, orange zest, and cinnamon sticks. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.