For the Panini
- 8 slices ciabatta, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces brie, thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared cranberry sauce*
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices turkey
For the Cranberry Sauce*
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 orange
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top 4 slices of bread with 2 slices of turkey, 2 ounces of brie, 4-5 slices of apples and several spoonfuls of cranberry sauce.
- Top with the other 4 slices of bread.
- Prepare a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add sandwiches to the pan and top with a heavy skillet. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Alternatively, if using a panini maker, preheat the panini maker. Place sandwiches in maker, and press down, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
*To make cranberry sauce: In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Add cranberries, orange zest, and cinnamon sticks. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.