Oh HEY guys! Did you happen to be looking for some more pumpkin filled foods? You were?!? Excellent. To continue with the Fall theme, I've got some Pumpkin Spice Cranberry Muffins with streusel topping to share with you!
So in case you didn't believe me, it's probably apparent by now just how much I love Autumn. ALL the pumpkin food ALL the time.
Side note, do you decorate for Halloween?? I usually bust out my All Hallow's Eve box of awesomeness the first weekend of October but it's been crazy busy in my little corner of the world. I was SO excited about it being October but didn't I even realize that meant it was time to put out the pumpkins and haunted house decorations!
Although, I always like to say that my cat Calypso gives me a head start on halloweenifying my home; resident black cat in the house! She actually trips out over my glittery black cat with twinkle lights inside (excellent Target buy). Maybe she thinks her reflection has gone wonky? Or a new friend is in town that is REALLY bizzare looking and stationary? In any case, it's hysterical to watch. She's one of those slowly reach her arm out over a ten second period and the subtly FWAP you on the nose type cats. She does this over. and over. and over again with the fake glitter cat. It just makes my day.
Ok, cat tangent aside, let's talk about these muffins. I took them to an Autumn themed potluck this past weekend and they were completely devoured! And...that was WITHOUT the streusel topping! They only take about 25 minutes to make, not to sweet, with a tart kick each time you bite into a cranberry, and packed with delicious Fall flavor!
By the way, it's all about the FRESH cranberries in this recipe. You could substitute with dried, sweetened cranberries, but to be honest, that would make the muffin an entirely different concoction all together. I actually think the fresh cranberries are the best part of these puppies. I'm not a big muffin lover my self, and I've happily chowed down on a couple of these Pumpkin Spice Cranberry Muffins down freshly baked with a little butter....???????????????? Get it friends!Print
For the Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Streusel
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease or line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Dust the cranberries with a little flour (helps to prevent them from sinking) and gently fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup (about 2-3 heaping large spoonfuls). You may have some leftover or you can add the extra batter to the cups for jumbo muffins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the streusel. Sprinkle as much as desired on top of muffins.
- Bake on a center rack for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden and bounce back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack.