For the Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Streusel
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease or line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Dust the cranberries with a little flour (helps to prevent them from sinking) and gently fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup (about 2-3 heaping large spoonfuls). You may have some leftover or you can add the extra batter to the cups for jumbo muffins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the streusel. Sprinkle as much as desired on top of muffins.
- Bake on a center rack for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden and bounce back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack.