Whew! It’s been a busy week. The holidays appear to have begun and the days have seemed to start snowballing together. Time for some easy, quick recipes yes? Something quick, simple, and delicious…How about mini banana oat muffins??
These cute little muffins will make your morning. Or your entire day. While they’re baking, the most delightful scent will fill your home and you’ll want to eat the entire batch. I speak from experience. And they only take 30 minutes from start to finish. SO easy and fast. Breakfast ready in a heart beat, or snacks for the rest of your busy, holiday filled days.
The addition of oats to regular old banana bread makes this a much heartier muffin. I chose mini muffins just because, they’re adorable. Also because they take half the time to bake, but they sure are cute!Print
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease or line a 24-cup mini muffin tray with
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a another mixing bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the mashed bananas to the egg mixture and stir until completely mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry flour mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter equally into each mini muffin cup and bake for about 12-15 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden.
- Remove to a rack to cool.