We're back! After a fantastic vacation and some chill time at home, I've officially returned to the kitchen. Now what better way to get back to start off this weekend than with a summertime boozy watermelon granita cocktail?!
First off, this boozy watermelon granita is a great way to used up leftover watermelon. TBH I'm very finnicky about my watermelon, just like apples slash tomatoes. It has to be perfectly ripe or else I just can't do it. The slightest hint of mealy texture and that watermelon is going in the compost...
or is it???
Enter the boozy watermelon granita.
Now I could explain the recipe, or I could just tell you to scroll down and see for yourself 😊. Cheers friends and happy weekend!Print
A delectable, easy, and refreshing summer semi-frozen cocktail that just takes 4 ingredients! Blend up, freeze, rake, repeat, enjoy 🍧.
- 8 cups fresh watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup light rum
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Lime slices to garnish
- Pulse all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into large, shallow dish and put in the freezer.
- Freeze about 30 minutes, until the mixture starts to set. Rake over the a fork over the mixture, scraping to break up the frozen bits.
- Repeat 3 to 4 more times, scraping and freezing, until the mixture looks like shaved ice, about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, do one last rake through to fluff it up. Then spoon the boozy watermelon granita into a chilled glass with a lime slice to garnish. Enjoy before it melts!
Keeps up to a week in a closed container in the freezer.