A delectable, easy, and refreshing summer semi-frozen cocktail that just takes 4 ingredients! Blend up, freeze, rake, repeat, enjoy 🍧.
- 8 cups fresh watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Lime slices to garnish
- Pulse all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into large, shallow dish and put in the freezer.
- Freeze about 30 minutes, until the mixture starts to set. Rake over the a fork over the mixture, scraping to break up the frozen bits.
- Repeat 3 to 4 more times, scraping and freezing, until the mixture looks like shaved ice, about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, do one last rake through to fluff it up. Then spoon the boozy watermelon granita into a chilled glass with a lime slice to garnish. Enjoy before it melts!
Keeps up to a week in a closed container in the freezer.