Rolling into Wednesday with another sheet pan recipe 🤣. Sensing a theme here? Sorry not sorry 🤷🏼♀️. Right now whatever is quick, convenient, and easy to clean is what's up. Ergo, sheet pan Italian meatballs with chimichurri sauce!
10 minutes to prep, less than 30 minutes to bake with no oil spatter from stove top cooking?? Done and done.
Remember my sheet pan turkey meatballs? Same thing with a twist (you know me - I love a recycled recipe!). A little mozzarella cheese, a quick tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and, of course, beef instead of turkey are the main differences.
Oh and one of these days I'm going to have to give this chimichurri sauce its own recipe page because I love it so much!
Serve with some fresh, halved cherry tomatoes for extra yums. Recipe below!Print
Quick, easy, and healthier than their skillet cooked cousins, these beef meatballs are served with a delectable drizzle of fresh chimichurri sauce.
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons non fat milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: Cherry tomatoes, halved for serving
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for the meatballs together until completely combined.
- Roll the mixture into about 25 meatballs, around the size of a heaping tablespoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through (temps at 165°F).
- While the meatballs are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together all ingredients for the chimichurri sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove meatballs from oven. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce and serve with cherry tomatoes if desired.