Easiest weeknight meal ever: Baked turkey meatballs.
I’m gunna be straight with you today. I don’t have much in me for writing. We had a glorious couple snowy days on Sunday and Monday. Snowballs were definitely thrown. However, the snow comes with ice.
So last week, I slipped down some stairs. I’ve been fine but sore since then. This morning, I absolutely ate it on some ice on a driveway and hit all the sore spots on the way down. And before you judge, yes I was wearing snow boots. Good ones, from REI.
Basically I hurt and just want to go lay down with a hot pad/ice pack on my back and play Skyrim.
Soooo I’m gunna go do that. But first, baked turkey meatballs.
Honestly these are a lifesaver. I happen to have a bag of them frozen in the freezer. Just a quick reheat and homemade dinner is ready! (Thank the lord cause there’s no way I’m cooking tonight).
Anyhoo, how to make these baked turkey meatballs. It couldn’t be easier! Throw all the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix and then form tablespoon sized meatballs. Bake.
Oh and they’re delicious. Perfect for pasta, and great on their own. You can even use them as an appetizer served with your favorite pasta sauce! Which is probably what I’ll be doing tonight. Minimal effort, home cooked meal? All about it. Recipe in 3...2...Print
The easiest week night meal. Healthier than their skillet cooked cousins, these are perfect for pasta or on their own with your favorite sauce!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together until completely combined.
- Roll the mixture into about 25 meatballs, around the size of a heaping tablespoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through (temps at 165°F).
- Serve with pasta or with your favorite dipping sauce!