Welp, we're back to baked goods 😂. But it's finally October, and it's been dumping rain for about 4 days sooo I'm here for all the stormy, fall weather inspired baking. Introducing easy autumn chai spice cranberry muffins!
Golden, moist, delicious muffins with the aromatic spice of chai? Yes please!
Plus, they only take 30 minutes to make from start to finish. That's it!
Oh AND they freeze super well so you can save them for another day. Throw one in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and you're good to go!
PS. Prefer pumpkin spice to chai spice? Check out these pumpkin spice cranberry muffins instead. But if you're down for these chai spice cranberry muffins, just grab the recipe below!Print
Done in just 30 minutes, these golden, moist, aromatic muffins are sure to become your favorite on the go autumn breakfast. Perfect for leftover cranberries!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground fennel
- ⅛ tsp ground clove
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease or line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, fennel, clove, and pepper until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, oil, applesauce, and buttermilk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup (about 2-3 heaping large spoonfuls). You may have some leftover or you can add the extra batter to the cups for jumbo muffins. Place any extra cranberries on top of each one and gently smoosh into the batter.
- Bake on a center rack for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden and bounce back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack.