Snacks are huge thing in our house. As in rather than eat three actual meals a day, I tend to graze pretty much continuously all day long. One of my favorite go to's for snacking? All the granola. But what if you're absolutely starving, you have to run out of the house, and you would rather not try and eat a bag of granola while driving? Solution: the granola bar. Meet my newest favorite, blueberry pistachio coconut granola bars!
Why Blueberry Pistachio Coconut Granola Bars
So why are these my favorite go to for breakfasts on the run? Just LOOK at all the extra yums in there! Along with the obvious blueberries, pistachios, and coconut, we still have natural peanut butter, peptitas, honey, chia seeds, flax seeds, and, of course, oats. Put them all together and you've got one delicious breakfast bar!
BTW, If these look familiar to you, it's because, well, they are 🤣. I'm a huge fan of recycling (or even up cycling) favorite recipes. These delectable bites are the close relation of my healthy raspberry coconut granola bars.
...Basically swap out the raspberries and almonds for the aforementioned blueberries and pistachios and voila!
Hints for Perfect Blueberry Pistachio Coconut Granola Bars
Honestly, these puppies are pretty simple. Stir everything but the blueberries together, and then gently fold them to the mix. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
The one thing I will say is if you want that four sided, one piece bar (and not a crumble, which is equally as delicious but not exactly what we're going for here), chill the bars in baking pan before slicing for at least 4 hours. I prefer to do so over night. But that's not to say you can't eat these right out of the pan, I certainly won't judge 😉.
Ready, set, scroll for recipe!Print
A tasty, light, yet nutrient packed morning snack, perfect for breakfast on the go. Gluten and dairy free!
- 2 ½ cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- ¼ cup shelled, lightly salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shredded or shaved coconut
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 8X10 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor or grinder, pulse ½ cup of the oats until they resemble flour.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the blueberries until completely mixed.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the dough onto the prepared baking pan in an even layer. Don't worry if some of the blueberries get smooshed!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack. Once cool enough to handle, place the pan in the fridge and chill over night. Cut to serve as desired.