Springtime pasta post coming at you. No peas this time! Just a 15 minute, vegetarian, wonderfully delicious creamy kale gnocchi pasta 😍. All you need is a stock pot and a blender!
Have you ever tried creamy pesto before? I did for the first time ever literally just last week and immediately became obsessed. Pesto is my go to pasta sauce but then you add heavy cream?!
I mean. HOW could you not love it? Rhetorical question.
ANYhoo, this creamy kale pesto gnocchi is an absolute must for your pasta rotation. Firstly, it takes less than 15 minutes. As long as it takes to boil water is about all the time you'll need!
Secondly, you make the entire sauce in a blender. It doesn't even need to be cooked! Literally just pulse all the pesto ingredients until combined and voila ⤵.
Thirdly, it's. So. Flipping. Good. Just trust me on this.
PS. You may be wondering why I don't any instructions on how to make gnocchi from scratch. Simple reason: never made homemade gnocchi before! But not to worry, it's on my list 😊. In the meantime, grab the creamy kale gnocchi pasta recipe below!Print
Whip up this deliciously simple and vegetarian pasta dish in under 15 minutes with just one pot and a blender!
- 1 ½ lbs to 2 lbs gnocchi pasta
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi until tender according to box instructions (usually about 3-4 minutes). Drain.
- In a blender or food processor, blend basil, kale, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil and cream together until completely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss warm, cooked gnocchi creamy pesto sauce until coated. Garnish with any remaining shredded parmesan and chopped basil. Serve immediately.