Whip up this deliciously simple and vegetarian pasta dish in under 15 minutes with just one pot and a blender!
- 1 1/2 lbs to 2 lbs gnocchi pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi until tender according to box instructions (usually about 3-4 minutes). Drain.
- In a blender or food processor, blend basil, kale, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil and cream together until completely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss warm, cooked gnocchi creamy pesto sauce until coated. Garnish with any remaining shredded parmesan and chopped basil. Serve immediately.