Winter = a nice, steaming bowl of warm, comforting soup amiright? Introducing a new one pot wonder, slow cooker kielbasa cabbage stew!
Soups and stews can sometimes be a bit heavy on prep and rather hands on, which is why I prefer the slow cooker approach. Throw in all the ingredients, set the timer, and voila! Soup's on just in time for dinner.
This kielbasa cabbage soup is chock full of veggies and and extra flavor: a splash of apple cider vinegar, a scoop of whole grain mustard, and even dried caraway seeds!
Scroll down for the slow cooker kielbasa cabbage stew recipe below 👍🏻.Print
All done in the slow cooker, this kielbasa cabbage stew one pot recipe is simple to make, easy to cook, and absolutely delicious! Dairy and gluten free.
- 1 lb kielbasa turkey, sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, halved and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lbs red potatoes, (no need to peel!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Coarse salt, ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh dill and parsley, roughly chopped to garnish
- Turn a 5 quart slow cooker on high (for a smaller slow cooker, use about half this recipe). Add all ingredients except salt, pepper, and garnishes. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, 7 on low (depending on your stock pot).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with dill and parsley as desired.