All done in the slow cooker, this kielbasa cabbage stew one pot recipe is simple to make, easy to cook, and absolutely delicious! Dairy and gluten free.
- 1 lb kielbasa turkey, sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, halved and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lbs red potatoes, (no need to peel!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Coarse salt, ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh dill and parsley, roughly chopped to garnish
- Turn a 5 quart slow cooker on high (for a smaller slow cooker, use about half this recipe). Add all ingredients except salt, pepper, and garnishes. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, 7 on low (depending on your stock pot).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with dill and parsley as desired.