Switching it up a little today. While still in full fledged Fall mode, I needed some greens after all that pumpkin grilled cheese 🤣. Lighten up your menu this weekend with a little autumn harvest pear salad!
Honestly this salad is a bit of a riff off another seasonal favorite of mine, the chopped brussel sprout kale salad, complete with grapes and pecans...same as this one. So why mess with a good thing? Just add on and make it even better!
A couple switcheroos and substitutions:
First off, we can't have an autumn harvest pear salad without pears! Necessary.
Secondly, since this salad has quite a few more ingredients than the original chopped version, I substituted that pomegranate dressing with a simpler apple cider vinaigrette.
Thirdly, no kale. I just used one of those power greens mixes because I happened to have wayyyyy too much in the fridge. But feel free to add kale, romaine, whatevs!
Forth, I used pecans instead of walnuts because they're just SO good with pears.
Finally, MORE THINGS! I added pomegranate seeds, pepitas, fresh parsley and thyme, and herbed goat cheese (also pears but already talked about that) along with the grapes and brussels sprouts from before.
Scroll down for the recipe!Print
Light and easy, 15 minute, Fall inspired pear salad tossed in a homemade apple cider vinaigrette. Vegetarian and gluten free!
For the Salad
- 2 medium pears, diced
- 10-15 brussel sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup roasted and salted pepitas
- 2 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 4 cups salad greens (I used a power greens mix)
For the Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Shred/slice halved brussels sprouts until you get a fine shred.
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl until combined.
- Mix together ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing over all ingredients and toss to coat. Top with a little fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.