It's going to be 95 this weekend...in Seattle. Nope nope nope. Ergo, I shall be focusing on simple, quick, easy and not too much heat involved recipes for the next week or so starting with lemon berry breakfast toast!
This new version of my go to first meal of the day, the breakfast toast, is SO fresh and easy. Plus doesn't it just look like summer on a plate?
What is this lemon berry breakfast toast made out of you ask? A little olive oil, your favorite bread (I'm a Pugliese fan myself), fresh seasonal berries, some lemon zest for extra flavor, a creamy goat cheese, and some fresh herbs. TBH I just used what was in my garden: lemon thyme, sage, and mint.
Oh and remember to drizzle with honey! Or to be super snazzy, try a little balsamic glaze.
My favorite thing about breakfast toast? It takes less than 20 minutes and there's no oven needed. You can even grill the toast for an extra summer feel!
Scroll down for the recipe below ☀️.Print
Switch up the avocado toast with a little goat cheese, lemon zest, seasonal berries, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of honey. Perfect for brunch!
- 2 slices Pugliese bread, ¾ – 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves, roughly minced
- 2-3 fresh sage leaves, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- Honey for drizzling
- Brush slices of bread with olive oil. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bread slices and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool 1 minute.
- Spread each slice with a layer of goat cheese. Sprinkle with lemon zest and top with berries.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with mint, lemon thyme, and sage as desired. Serve immediately.