Switch up the avocado toast with a little goat cheese, lemon zest, seasonal berries, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of honey. Perfect for brunch!
- 2 slices Pugliese bread, ¾ – 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves, roughly minced
- 2-3 fresh sage leaves, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- Honey for drizzling
- Brush slices of bread with olive oil. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bread slices and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool 1 minute.
- Spread each slice with a layer of goat cheese. Sprinkle with lemon zest and top with berries.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with mint, lemon thyme, and sage as desired. Serve immediately.