The final recipe for 4th of July 2020...you ready for this? Refreshing, summer flavor filled no churn watermelon lime ice cream!
Nothing says summer like watermelon and citrus! And what better way to enjoy them than puree them up into a delicious, easy peezy ice cream?
In case you aren't aware, I’m legit obsessed with no churn ice cream. Whip up the base in just 15 minutes and then just freeze 4 hours for soft serve or overnight for standard ice cream yumminess. That’s it!
For the no churn watermelon lime ice cream flavor, I used a little lime zest, lime juice, and pureed watermelon cubes. Add this combo to some heavy whipping cream, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk whisk whisk, freeze, and that's all there is to it. A refreshing, frozen summer treat that you don't have to work for!
Scroll down for the no churn watermelon lime ice cream recipe.Print
A delicious, summer frozen treat with fresh watermelon and limes. No churning needed!
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (can substitute with vanilla extract)
- Using a food processor, pulse the watermelon, lime zest, and lime juice into a smooth puree.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla paste on a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in half of the watermelon puree until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan or other freezer safe container, and freeze until it is a very lose, soft serve consistency, about 2-3 hours.
- Stir in remaining watermelon puree. Place back in the freezer and freeze another hour for soft serve style and up to overnight.