My lavender plants are finally blooming! They’re just teensy little plants, only got planted last fall and you know how obsessed I am with lavender so it’s SUPER exciting. It’s only fitting that my caffeinated beverage of choice this morning is an iced lavender vanilla coconut milk latte.
Quick, simple, and oh so delicious! This recipe is pretty much exactly the same as my iced vanilla latte with two major changes.
First, the addition of lavender buds or lavender extract in the simple syrup.
Second, I switched out the skim milk with coconut milk. I like to add it to my regular morning cup of coffee so why not try it in a latte?? I was very pleasantly surprised that it worked wonderfully with the subtle lavender flavor.
That’s it! Just two switcheroos and you’ve got yourself a tasty chilled summer morning beverage! Recipe below 😎.Print
Better than Starbucks, this lavender vanilla infused iced coconut milk latte is the perfect cup of coffee to start your summer morning.
For the Latte
- 1/2 cup strong, cold-brewed or chilled coffee
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2–3 tablespoons lavender vanilla simple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
For the Syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds OR 2 teaspoons lavender extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
Make the Lavender Vanilla Syrup
- In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Continue to heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and liquid has somewhat thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lavender (buds OR extract), and vanilla extract. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- If using lavender buds, strain the syrup into a container. Transfer into a sealable container and keep in the fridge. Keeps about 1 month.
Assmeble The Latte
- Fill desired glass halfway with ice. Pour coffee, milk, and as much syrup as desired over ice. Stir and enjoy!