The sun is out today!!! Or at least it is while I’m writing this post…Better enjoy it while we can 😬. Ergo, I’m headed outside to fire up our new BBQ and cook up some of these grilled lime chicken skewers!
Ready for this?
Step 1: Add all ingredients into a bag, mix, leave to marinate.
Step 2: Thread skewers with delicious, marinated goodness.
Step 3: Grill.
Step 4: Eat.
Easy peezy right??
Speaking of a delicious marinade, let’s talk about it real quick. It makes the JUICIEST, most flavorful chicken skewers ever. Tons of spices, fresh garlic and ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and honey for a touch of sweetness.
Grab the grilled lime chicken skewers recipe below ⬇.Print
Thai inspired chicken skewers marinated to juicy perfection. Add a drizzle of Sriracha for heat! Dairy and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breast tenders sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced or 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium, gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (you can also use coconut oil, avocado oil, pick your favorite!)
- Sriracha as desired for drizzling
- Limes, fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, whisk together all ingredients (except for the oil and garnishes). Add the chicken breast pieces and toss to coat. Cover the bowl/seal the bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to over night.
- If using wooden skewers, soak for 30 minutes before grilling.
- When ready to cook, thread marinated chicken onto skewers.
- Pre-heat outdoor or indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Brush with the oil.
- Grill chicken skewers 4-5 minutes per side, until they reach 165°F. Remove from heat and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with Sriracha as desired. Garnish with cilantro, and lime slices. Serve immediately.