Summer technically starts this weekend so who wants to share a pitcher of fruity red wine sangria to celebrate??
Sangria recipes are one of my go to's for any gathering, but especially a summer time BBQ slash just to a sit outside on the porch enjoying the sun type of lazy afternoon.
This particular version is on the simpler side of sangria: no soda, no herbs, just fruit, wine and a little Grand Marnier liquor.
Oh an orange juice but that counts as fruit right? No? Ah well, still this fruity red wine sangria is more simple than most!
One of my favorite things about sangria is how adaptable it is. Not a fan of cherries? Don't use 'em! Wanna add that pint of blackberries hanging out in your fridge? Go for it. Looking for something sweeter? Add a dash of your favorite citrus soda or a little simple syrup. Don't have a big sweet tooth? Switch out the wine for a drier red. The possibilities are endless!
PS. Red wine a bit too much for you? Check out my peach strawberry white wine sangria for a lighter summer option.Print
For a quick, easy, and delicious summer gathering beverage, throw this delicious sangria together in a pitcher in just 10 minutes!
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh cherries, stems removed, pitted, and halved
- 1 cup strawberries, largely diced
- 1 medium range, sliced thinly
- 1 lime, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- Club Soda
- Add all fruit into a large pitcher.
- Pour wine, Grand Marnier, and orange over the fruit. Gently stir together and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pour into desired glass and top with a splash of club soda to serve.