Since self quarantine started I've been doing all. The. Baking. So far: cake, cinnamon raisin bread, pretzels, naan bread, lemon bars, that greek pizza, and now these white chocolate strawberry rhubarb cookies.
By the by, stay tuned in to the blog for all the recipes to the previously mentioned baking items. But for now, let's focus on these soft, chewy, white chocolate chunk spring inspired cookies.
Also I took more pictures than normal because I'm obsessed with rhubarb sooo enjoy 🤣.
These cookies are fairly similar to my white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, with the removal of said macadamia nuts and the addition of fresh strawberries, fresh rhubarb, and a little lemon zest for extra flavor.
If you're looking for tips and tricks to ensure super soft and chewy cookies I do have a few. Head on over to my Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies post to get the low down.
White chocolate strawberry rhubarb cookies recipe below!Print
Soft and chewy spring inspired cookies with fresh rhubarb, strawberries, and white chocolate chunks.
- 1 ½ cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup strawberries, halved and sliced
- ½ cup rhuharb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and corn starch until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add the lemon, zest, egg and extracts and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in white chocolate chunks, strawberry and rhubarb.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- After chilling, scoop out balls of dough, about 2 tablespoons each, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, being careful not to overcook! Remove from the oven when they look almost but not quite done. They will still be quite soft in the center.
- Let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.