Here we are! We've made it to our final Easter Sunday recipe in the nick of time. Onto the main course: skillet balsamic pork chops with tomatoes and gremolata!
Perfect for an easy yet snazzy dinner for two, or one with leftovers! If you've got more people at home or a couple of kiddos running around, no prob. Just use a big ol' pan and double the recipe!
My favorite thing about this dish is actually the pan sauce. I mean sure, pork chops are tasty and all but ohemgee that sauce. All buttery, balsamic vinegar, white wine, lemon goodness. Next on the list? The gremolata sprinkled over everything. Adds a zesty freshness!
Finally, that one pot, just takes 20 minutes thing.
One pot. TWENTY minutes. A serious win amiright?
Scroll down for this delicious, super quick and easy skillet balsamic pork chops recipe complete with cherry tomatoes and fresh gremolata. Happy Easter everyone!Print
Just 20 minutes and one pan is all takes to make this delicious pork chop dish with cherry tomatoes, fresh gremolata and a buttery pan sauce. Gluten free!
For the Pork Chops
- 2 bone in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and horizontally, then cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Gremolata
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the gremolata: combine all ingredients in a small bowl until completely mixed. Set aside.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chops to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until temped at 145°F. Remove to a plate to rest and cover with foil.
- Still over medium high heat, pour half of the white wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add red onion, tomatoes, and herbs. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth, lemon, juice, and the rest of the wine. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and add chops back to the pan. Drizzle chops with with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle entire contents of pan with gremolata. Serve immediately