Just 20 minutes and one pan is all takes to make this delicious pork chop dish with cherry tomatoes, fresh gremolata and a buttery pan sauce. Gluten free!
For the Pork Chops
- 2 bone in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and horizontally, then cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Gremolata
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the gremolata: combine all ingredients in a small bowl until completely mixed. Set aside.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chops to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until temped at 145°F. Remove to a plate to rest and cover with foil.
- Still over medium high heat, pour half of the white wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add red onion, tomatoes, and herbs. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth, lemon, juice, and the rest of the wine. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and add chops back to the pan. Drizzle chops with with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle entire contents of pan with gremolata. Serve immediately