Did you know it's Easter this Sunday? Because I didn't! Granted I don't even know what day it is, they all just seem to be blurring together during this quarantine. Speaking of which, probably not too many big family gatherings for this year's holiday but not to worry! Chilling at home with a significant other or even just by your fabulous self? I got a few Easter friendly recipes for you 👍🏻. First up, lemon curd herbed baked brie appetizer!
Lemon curd and....herbs? On top of brie? Before you run away, just trust. It's delicious. A little bit sweet and a little bit savory.
Honestly though, can you really go wrong with a puff pastry covered brie baked to melty perfection on the inside and golden crispiness on the outside?
So. Lemon curd herbed baked brie. Sounds crazy right? Allow me to enlighten you.
- Grab a cheese wheel, scrape a little of that rind off the top.
- Spread with lemon curd and sprinkle with freshly chopped rosemary and thyme.
- Wrap up in puff pastry as desired. Egg wash. Bake.
- Eat the whole thing in one sittingwaitwhat?
I straight just ate this with a french baguette and some salami the other night for dinner with sliced cucumbers on the side to feel more healthy (they sat forgotten).
Scroll down for this ridiculously tasty lemon curd herbed baked brie cheesy goodness below!Print
Melty, cheesy brie goodness spread with lemon curd, fresh rosemary and thyme, enveloped in a golden puff pastry crust.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 ounce brie wheel
- 2 tablespoons homemade or store bought lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme lemon leaves (regular fresh thyme also works!)
- Egg wash (1 egg yolk whisked together with 1 tablespoon water)
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Place brie wheel in the center of the sheet of parchment paper. Scrape off a little of the rind on the top of the brie. Sprinkle with half of the herbs. Spread lemon curd on top and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Fold the corners of the pastry over the brie. Brush the top with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves as desired. Serve with your favorite baguette or crackers and enjoy!