Looking for a delicious, easy, quick and vegetarian option for Valentine's Day this year? Look no further! Introducing one pot creamy white bean tortellini.
It's also fabulous as a weeknight meal. Or pretty much any day of the week slash any holiday. I'll definitely have a meat lovers option coming up next week for Valentine's Day but sometimes you just want something light, easy, quick and a little more animal friendly amiright?
Guess what else? This one pot creamy white bean tortellini takes just 25 minutes! Less than a half an hour in the kitchen and you've got yourself a delicious, vegetarian Italian inspired meal.
Oh and it's all done in ONE pot (aka my favorite type of recipe). No stock pot full of boiling water, no strainer in the sink. Just a skillet and you're good to go! Recipe below 👍🏻.Print
Quick and easy vegetarian pasta dinner with cheesy tortellini and mushrooms done in one pot in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lb three cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounces white beans, drained
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 ⅓ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated + extra for garnish
- Coarse salt, ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until somewhat softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add wine to the skillet. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Distribute tortellini evenly in the skillet. Pour milk and broth over the tortellini. Stir in herbs. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until tortellini is al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in spinach and white beans. Cook on low 1-2 minutes until spinach is somewhat wilted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan as desired. Serve immediately.