Quick and easy vegetarian pasta dinner with cheesy tortellini and mushrooms done in one pot in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lb three cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounces white beans, drained
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated + extra for garnish
- Coarse salt, ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until somewhat softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add wine to the skillet. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Distribute tortellini evenly in the skillet. Pour milk and broth over the tortellini. Stir in herbs. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until tortellini is al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in spinach and white beans. Cook on low 1-2 minutes until spinach is somewhat wilted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan as desired. Serve immediately.